Milwaukee County Zoo
The Milwaukee County Zoo is a home to more than 2,200 mammals, birds, fish, amphibians and reptiles, representing more than 330 species. Visitors of all ages can enjoy their experience with many attractions including train rides, MillerCoors Giraffe Experience feedings, goat yard, Penzeys carousel, live children’s theatre: Kohl’s Wild Theater and the Sky Adventure Zip Line & Ropes Courses. With the Wild Connections animal encounter tours, visitors can now get nose to whisker and experience a variety of furry, feathered and finned animals in a whole new way. Visitors can now fly 500 feet in the air for a tree-top level adventure or explore 4 stories of rope elements like zig zag beams, cargo nets and more, open spring, summer and fall. Take a relaxing ride on our 35-foot-high sky glide, Sky Safari, sponsored by Mathnasium, soaring over several of the Zoo’s animal habitats. Bring the whole family poolside to feed and interact with sea lions through Ocean Connections Seal & Sea Lion Programs.
· The Zoo offers two gift shops, one located in the U.S. Bank Gathering Place and one at the West Entrance.
· Concession stands and popcorn carts located through the Zoo offering a wide variety of food choices (including gluten-free options) as well as new restaurant options.
· Strollers, wheelchairs and mobility scooters are available to rent for visitors’ convenience.
Choose Your List(s)
Travel Green Wisconsin Certified
Certified: (Req. 30 Points)
- Reclaimed water from rooftops is used to wash down areas and for plant irrigation
- On-site staff vehicles and tour buses are electric powered
- Solar panels provide supplementary power throughout the zoo