A strong sense of Lake Michigan’s vibrant past as a fishing and shipping hub can be found in Two Rivers. Still active as a deep-water sport fishing port, Two Rivers captures the spirit of its heritage in several museum-like attractions. It also takes pride in being the birthplace of the ice cream sundae – invented here in 1881. For a taste of that frozen treat, stop at the Washington House – part museum and part soda fountain. For outdoor relaxation and recreation, sweeping sand beaches line the city’s shoreline.
Top photo opportunity is...
- Rawley Point Lighthouse and Point Beach State Forest
- Kites over Lake Michigan
- Our beautiful beaches always offer incredible views and breathtaking sunrises
Fishing? You’ll catch the big one if you...
Hire one of our professional charter fishing boats for the day.
Mark these events on your calendar:
- Cool City Car Cruise and Show
- Kites over Lake Michigan is an incredible kite flying event featuring show kites, fireworks, trick flying and fireworks
- Ethnic Fest explores diversity and includes international food, entertainment, and vendors
You'll know you're here when...
You feel the temperature change for the better. We are known as “The Cool City” because our coastline extends 8 miles into Lake Michigan giving us refreshing summer breezes and comfortable June and July temperatures. The water in the lake can reach nearly the same temperature as the air, making an afternoon swim comfortable and refreshing.
Small town charm
Whether it’s to celebrate the birth of the ice cream sundae on Ice Cream Sundae Thursday in June, to visit downtown shops, or to explore museums like the Washington House, the Hamilton Woodtype Museum, or Rogers Street Fishing Village, you’ll find a friendly place that will bring you back year after year!