Step One: Create a Trip
Step Two: Add Items
Step Three: Print and Share
When people talk about a classic Northwoods vacation, they’re talking about the Eagle River area. Located on a chain of twenty-eight lakes, the largest freshwater chain in the world, Eagle River is famous for its clear, cool lakes filled with game fish.
Ice cream parlors, candy stores and souvenir shops line Eagle River’s Main Street, conveying a genuine small town charm. In autumn, more than 40,000 enjoy the city’s Cranberry Fest – the largest food festival in the Northwoods. In winter, the community shifts gears to cross-country skiing and snowmobiling, including the World’s Championship Snowmobile Derby held on the city’s half mile iced oval.
Mark these events on your calendar:
- Vintage and World Championship Snowmobile Derby
- Pond Hockey Championships
- Klondike Days
- Journeys Marathon
- Great Northern Beer Festival
- Festival of Flavors
- Paul Bunyan Fest
- National Championship Musky Open
- Cranberry Fest
Don't leave without tasting...
Wonderful Northwood’s cuisine in many of our special restaurants such as the Chanticleer Inn, Eagle Waters Resort, Eddie B's White Spruce Inn, Riverstone Restaurant and Tavern and many more.
Fishing? You’ll catch the big one if you...
Spend some relaxing time on our more than 1300 area lakes, including the 28 lakes of the Eagle River Chain of Lakes - the world's largest chain of freshwater lakes.
When the seasons change you may be surprised to find...
There is something to do no matter the time of year:
- Fish for a variety of species including the musky in one of our many lakes.
- Enjoy a relaxing pontoon ride of the Eagle River Chain of 28 Lakes.
- Golf one of our scenic golf courses.
- Hike, bike or ski one of our many picturesque trails.
- Snowmobile the Eagle River 500.
- Take a scenic drive through the Nicolet National Forest, the Northern American Legion State Forest or just on the back county roads of Vilas County.
You'll know you're here when...
- All your stress leaves you and you begin to relax at your very special Northwood’s cabin or resort on a lake.
- You hear the call of the Loon on the lake.
- When you start to smile because of the big fish you or your child just caught.
- You see the site of a spectacular sunset against the Northwood’s skyline.
- You are enjoying a wonderful dinner at a Northwood’s restaurant.
- You are hiking, biking or skiing on one of the many picturesque trails.