Step One: Create a Trip
Once you login you can create a new trip or edit existing trips. Set your trip name, description, privacy and dates before you begin.
Step Two: Add Items
Add items from our Places to Stay, Things to Do, Dining and Events sections to your trip by clicking the Add to Trip icon throughout the site or from within the Trip Planner.
Step Three: Print and Share
Print details of your trip and share your trip with friends on your favorite social network or via email.
Middleton is the perfect destination for a relaxing getaway. This south-central Wisconsin community is home to nearly 80 restaurants, an array of shops, an award-winning community trail system and some fun attractions.
The shopping in Middleton is outstanding. Historic downtown Middleton is home to unique shops known for their unsurpassed service. Greenway Station is a stylish shopping and dining complex with landscaped walkways and a number of nationally known stores. And throughout Middleton, you’ll find more than sixty shops, galleries and retailers offering art, antiques, clothing, furniture, gifts and gourmet food.
Middleton is home to several one-of-a-kind attractions. Visit the eccentric and entertaining National Mustard Museum, take a tour of the world-renowned Capital Brewery, sample handcrafted spirits at Death’s Door Distillery, explore the Middleton Historical Museum, and check out the historical exhibits at the Middleton Train Depot & Museum.
Middleton also offers some of the area’s best hotels, and six out of Middleton’s seven hotels are Travel Green Certified. All this, combined with its convenient location just 10 minutes from the State Capitol, makes Middleton a great place to stay when visiting the Madison area.
Don’t leave without tasting…
- Parmesan-crusted steak at Johnny’s Italian Steakhouse
- Jambalaya at Louisianne’s ETC
- World Famous Clam Chowder (as seen on the food network) at Captain Bill’s
- Carr Valley Curds at Craftsman Table & Tap 5. A Grittyburger at the Nitty Gritty
- Back Fire Boom Boom Shrimp at Quaker Steak & Lube
- The wine wall at Barriques
- French silk pie at Hubbard Avenue Diner
- Whoopie pies from Bloom Bake Shop
- Apple pecan bread at Clasen’s European Bakery
Mark these events on the calendar…
- Bockfest – Join in this annual bock beer release party at Capital Brewery in February.
- Downtown Beach Party – Enjoy the live music and free activities for kids in June.
- National Mustard Day – Free hot dogs, mustard sampling, live music and games in August.
- Good Neighbor Fest – Rides, food, games, parade and live entertainment in August.
- Middleton Holiday Pops Concert – Enjoy holiday classics from the Wisconsin Chamber Orchestra in November.
- At Death’s Door Distillery sip smooth, locally crafted gin, vodka and white whisky produced using Wisconsin-grown grains, including organic wheat from Door County’s Washington Island and organic malted barley from Chilton. Tour the distillery and taste the superb spirits.
- Visit the renowned Capital Brewery which produces 15 varieties of beer, with many winning platinum awards at the Great American Beer Festival and other top-tier competitions. Take a tour of this world-class brewery and try not to fall in love with these beers.
- The National Mustard Museum presents a fascinating, fun-filled journey through the world of mustard. Educate yourself at “Poupon U” and experience the magic of “MustardPiece Theatre.” It’s a one-of-a-kind place where you’re sure to have a ball.
- Bike or hike along a an award-winning trail system running throughout the community, connecting businesses, neighborhoods and nature areas.
- Head to Lakeview Park to cool off in the colorful Splash Pad.
- Swing the clubs at beautiful Pleasant View Golf Course with great views of the Madison area. During the winter, the golf course becomes one of the region’s top cross-country skiing destinations.
- Bring your skateboard or rollerblades and skate at Quarry Skate Park.
- Mountain bikers will love the course at Middleton Bike Park featuring a pump track, jump line and short single-track loop.
- Downtown Middleton to visit family-owned shops and galleries in a neighborhood filled with historic storefronts.
- Greenway Station to discover this stylish mix of brand-name retailers and restaurants.