Step One: Create a Trip
Once you login you can create a new trip or edit existing trips. Set your trip name, description, privacy and dates before you begin.
Step Two: Add Items
Add items from our Places to Stay, Things to Do, Dining and Events sections to your trip by clicking the Add to Trip icon throughout the site or from within the Trip Planner.
Step Three: Print and Share
Print details of your trip and share your trip with friends on your favorite social network or via email.
Nestled in a bend of the Yahara River, Stoughton celebrates its roots with four historic districts including a historic Main Street. A highlight of this stroll back in time is a tour of the Stoughton Opera House, the city’s 100-year-old restored Victorian theatre. The downtown reflects the community’s Norwegian heritage with gift and specialty shops, antiques, and art galleries. This rich heritage comes to life each May with the community’s annual Norwegian Syttende Mai celebration. Just north of the city, Lake Kegonsa offers 3,800 acres of boating, swimming and fishing fun. Lake Kegonsa State Park is a popular choice; its 80 campsites, 6 miles of trails, boat launch and beach are a great way to beat the summer heat. In the winter the trails are open for cross-country skiing as well.
Must see attractions:
- Stoughton's meticulously restored Opera House, one of Wisconsin's premier live music theaters available for tours and performances
- Charming, historic downtown, with artist galleries, unique shops and food opportunities
- Victorian Architecture - pick up a walking tour guide from the Chamber of Commerce and step back into a beautiful age gone by
- Norwegian culture is everywhere in Stoughton! Take a picture by the troll on the banks of the Yahara River, visit our shops with Norwegian goods, or try lefse from Cheesers on Main Street
Don't leave without tasting...
- Lefse and squeeky, fresh, cheese curds from Cheesers
- A hearty breakfast from Koffee Kup restaurant, the oldest continually operating diner in southern Wisconsin
- A Kringle or a doughnut from Fosdal's Bakery
- Sample a fish fry from a number of restaurants