Astride the intersection of I-90 and I-94, Tomah stands at the crossroads of Wisconsin’s “Cranberry Country.” City shops offer antiques and Amish crafts. Visitors will find plenty of dining and lodging options, three golf courses and indoor/outdoor waterparks. Explore the area on Amish Country or Cranberry Country driving tours, including nearby Warrens. The area also serves as the western gateway to the 44,000-acre refuge Necedah National Wildlife Refuge.
Don’t leave without tasting…
- The aged smoked cheddar cheese sold at Humbird Cheese Mart
- The cranberry cheesecake ice cream at the Wisconsin Cranberry Discovery Center
- Burnstad’s Famous Cranberry Crunch Pie served in their European Restaurant
Top Photo opportunity is…
Putting on a pair of hip-waders and standing in a bed of freshly harvested cranberries (just like the Ocean Spray guys) while attending the Cranberry Public Harvest Day at Wetherby Cranberry Company the first Saturday in October.
Must see attractions
- Wisconsin Cranberry Discovery Center
- Veterans Memorial
- Necedah National Wildlife Refuge
- Wildcat Mountain State Park observation lookout point outside of the Village of Ontario
Where the locals go…
The Tee Pee Supper Club for Friday Night Fish Fry and the Ground Round Grill & Bar to watch the Packers play!
You’ll know you’re here when…
You see an Amish buggy traveling down Superior Avenue or when you hear the roar of the tractors at the Super National Truck & Tractor Pull held annually in June.