Craft breweries are popping up everywhere, offering locally brewed beer, creative names, and unique atmospheres. Nowhere is this truer than in the Badger State that’s home to the Brew City, Milwaukee. With so many great beers to try, it can be hard to choose just one brewery to stop at. With these walkable brewery tours, you can experience all the best breweries in the same day!
From craft brewing pioneers to homebrewers turned brewmasters, this storied city has enough beer to keep everyone happy. Start your tour in the shadow of Lambeau Field, before making your way into downtown Green Bay.
● Hinterland - Brewing beer since 1995, Hinterland’s new brewery and restaurant opened in April. The stunning new building is the first location to open as part of the new Titletown District. Enjoy your beers in the German style beer hall as you bask in the beauty of Lambeau.
● Badger State - A short walk down Lombardi Ave past the stadium will take you to this tap room and beer garden. Founded by homebrewers that decided to chase perfection, their 24 beers give you a wide range of flavors to try. Their On Wisconsin! Red Ale is a perfect anytime beer.
● Copper State - Now that you’re downtown, you’ll find a brand new brewery in Copper State. One of Green Bay’s most unique breweries, they open at 6 a.m. on weekdays because they also sell locally roasted coffee. This makes their Platinum Blonde Coffee Stout an absolute must try.
● Titletown - What started as a train depot in 1898 is now a bustling brewpub that preserves the history of the building and community. Recently named Large Brewpub of the Year at the Great American Beer Festival, you need to try the Johnny Blood Red & S.S.A. You’re sure to enjoy your time at this pillar of the Green Bay community.
The state’s capital is home to many breweries, but there are a select few that belong to the “beermuda triangle.” Inside this triangle are some great breweries that make it easy to go from one to the next.
● Karben4 - You may recognize this brewery from their iconic artwork for their Fantasy Factory IPA. These brewers don’t take themselves too seriously, but are serious about making delicious beers. From Block Party to Dragon Flute and Tokyo Sauna, the quirky names reflect the welcoming atmosphere of the taproom and staff.
● ALT Brew - Just around the corner from Karben4 lies one of the few gluten-free breweries in the nation. Their taps feature all the styles you know and love, just without the gluten. Take your beer to the pinball game room or grab a board game and enjoy!
● Ale Asylum - A short jaunt down the road, you will see this impressive brewery before you reach its doors. High ceilings and great lighting highlight the tasting room, but be sure to sit outside underneath the orange umbrellas if you can. While their Hopalicious beer usually steals the show, you’ll find over 20 beers ready to take flight!
Next Door Brewing Company
The Brew City lives up to its namesake by being up to the brim with craft breweries. Walker’s Point neighborhood is hopping with breweries allowing you and your friends to visit them all on foot.
● Mobcraft - Founded by three friends, Mobcraft makes small batches of beer based on user submitted recipes and having their fans vote on which they want brewed. Their newly opened brewery and taproom has 25 of their unique beers on tap, with plenty of space and an outdoor patio. After you drink your beer, be sure to make your voice heard on what they should brew next!
● Milwaukee Brewing Company - Founded on the idea of creating beers using the best local ingredients sustainably, MKE has been brewing since 1997, back when everyone else was focused on lagers. For just $10 you’ll get a tour, pint glass, and all the beer samples you like within your two hour window.
● Brenner Brewing Company - After a short stroll, you’ll find yourself in an art-centered brewery. That means you are treated to a full taproom experience while also immersing yourself in an art gallery featuring work by Milwaukee’s local artists. Because of the art focus at Brenner, you are likely to be treated to live music during your stay.
● Urban Harvest Brewing Company - Just down the road brings you to your last stop in the Brew City, Urban Harvest. The bartenders at this cozy brewery welcome you as one of their own. Accompany your 414 Golden Ale with free popcorn, pretzels, and foosball, or relax and take in the atmosphere and decor.