Step One: Create a Trip
Once you login you can create a new trip or edit existing trips. Set your trip name, description, privacy and dates before you begin.
Step Two: Add Items
Add items from our Places to Stay, Things to Do, Dining and Events sections to your trip by clicking the Add to Trip icon throughout the site or from within the Trip Planner.
Step Three: Print and Share
Print details of your trip and share your trip with friends on your favorite social network or via email.
Wausau positions itself as the best place in Wisconsin to play in the snow. Rib Mountain State Park is home to the Granite Peak Ski Area offering seventy-four runs, seven new chairlifts, and state-of-the-art snowmaking. The Nine Mile Forest is a premiere cross-country skiing facility with 33km of groomed trails including lighted trails for nighttime skiing. Sylvan Hill is home to the longest tubing hill in the state with six runs, two towlines, and a comfortable chalet. Nearby you can snowshoe the Ice Age Trail or explore 750+ miles of snowmobile trails. Complimenting the city’s Northwoods feel is a world-class whitewater kayak course, a thriving arts community, and a brick-paved River District with specialty stores, restaurants, and attractions.
Explore your adventurous side
Wausau was named the Best Town in Wisconsin for Outdoor Activities by the readers of Wisconsin Trails magazine, and we've got the outdoor activities to back it up! Whether fishing the area's many waterways or kayaking Whitewater Park on the Wisconsin River, carving up the slopes of Granite Peak Ski Area, biking or cross-country skiing the miles of trails at Nine Mile Forest Recreation Area, or hiking the trails at Dells of the Eau Claire Park or Rib Mountain State Park - we have the outdoor adventure to keep you coming back for more!
Top photo opportunity is...
As the fourth highest peak in Wisconsin, Rib Mountain has a lot to offer visitors year round. The view is particularly breathtaking from the observation tower, a 60-foot structure that serves as a perch for those who climb its winding stairs high above the tree tops.
Must see attractions:
- The Woodson Art Museum features a permanent collection of paintings, graphics and sculptures primarily focusing on birds, as well as traveling exhibits throughout the year.
- The children’s ArtPark has activities to spur the creativity of younger museum-goers.
- Stroll the elegant gardens dotted with sculptures and lovely plantings that take on a new look with each season.
- The Grand Theater features an incredible variety of performances including Broadway shows, music, comedy, dance and family programs.
- The Center for the Visual Arts has rotating exhibits.
Mark these events on your calendar:
- The Badger State Games area held each January and June, offering great Olympic-style competition.
- The Wausau Balloon Rally Weekend features beautiful hot air balloons with a nighttime glow.
- Little Bull Falls Log Jam Festival in Mosinee in August has logging competitions and camp reenactments depicting the area during the limber baron years.
When the seasons change you may be surprised to find...
Wausau is The BEST Place to Play in the snow! Winter in Wausau and Central Wisconsin is like a snow-covered playground filled with all the best activities and plenty of recreation options for everyone to enjoy. You name it, we've got it!