Step One: Create a Trip
Step Two: Add Items
Step Three: Print and Share
Don't leave without tasting...
Some of the best ‘classic Madison’ fare! Must-have’s include deep-fried cheese curds at The Old Fashioned and spicy cheese bread from Stella’s Bakery, a favorite at the Dane County Farmers Market.
- The State Capitol building, which offers free daily tours
- Monona Terrace Community and Convention Center, a popular Frank Lloyd Wright creation that is free and open to the public
- The UW Memorial Union, a popular gathering spot for the community
- Henry Vilas Zoo, spanning 28 acres and free of charge
- State Street, a pedestrian mall that offers a diverse spread of shopping, restaurants, and art galleries
Head up to the Observation deck on the sixth floor of the State Capitol, catch a riveting performance with your sweetheart at the Overture Center for the Arts, or get lost in the beauty of the flowers at Olbrich Botanical Gardens.
Explore your creative side...
Explore your creative side by touring the art collections at the Madison Museum of Contemporary Art, located in the heart of downtown. With both a permanent collection and changing exhibitions, there is a great mix of both contemporary and classic works of art. The Museum hosts various events throughout the year, including the outdoor Art Fair on the Square in July and the Holiday Art Fair in November.
Want to travel green?
Looking to travel green? Plan your stay at the Arbor House, Madison’s leading environmental inn. This eco-friendly sanctuary is located right next to the University of Wisconsin’s Arboretum and just minutes from downtown. Once your bags are unpacked, take a tour of the Frank Lloyd Wright-inspired Monona Terrace Community and Convention Center to learn about the building’s commitment to green, sustainable practices.