With more than 100 registered historic buildings within the downtown district and a burgeoning arts community, this historic mill town offers an eclectic mix of arts and architecture. Consistently ranked as a favorite small-town getaway by visitors, Cedarburg’s natural beauty provides the perfect setting for a day exploring charming specialty stores and art galleries, cozy restaurants, and historic inns. A full calendar of festivals, entertainment, and special events combine to make Cedarburg a delightful destination only 20 minutes north of Milwaukee.
Small town charm
Consistently ranked as a favorite small town getaway, Cedarburg's natural beauty provides the perfect setting for a day of exploration and fun. Visitors will discover a variety of unique stores, charming restaurants and coffee houses, cozy taverns, inns and art galleries, many of them housed in historic stone buildings, and all within walking distance of one another. The Ozaukee Interurban Trail passes through the center of town, offering biking, hiking, birding and cross country skiing to delight the entire family.
Must see attractions:
Start at Cedar Creek Settlement, home to specialty stores, a winery and two restaurants. Tour Cedar Creek Winery and sample award-winning wines, then continue south on Washington Avenue, taking time to admire over 100 buildings listed on the National and State Registers of Historic Places. Order a vintage ale from Silver Creek Brew Pub and linger in the creekside beer garden; check out unique exhibits at the Cultural Center; stop at Soulshine Arts and watch the creation of glass masterpieces. Allow time to visit the General Store Museum, Cedarburg Woolen Mill & Textile Museum and the Wisconsin Museum of Quilts & Fiber Arts.
Mark these events on your calendar:
- Strawberry Festival
- Wine & Harvest Festival
Don't leave without tasting...
- A gourmet caramel apple from Amy's Candy
- Kitchen Craft beer from Silver Creek Brew Pub
- A glass of Strawberry Blush from Cedar Creek Winery
- Slice of sausage and mushroom pizza from Tomaso's
- Buttercream-frosted cupcake from Delicately Delicious
- Hot, spiced aromatic tea from Weeds
Top photo opportunity is...
- Cedar Creek Settlement, a restored 1864 woolen mill, and the Cedarburg Grist Mill
- Artists at their easels during Plein Air
- The Pagoda - former Texaco gas station turned jewelry store
- Santa's charming workshop, resplendent outside the Community Center
- Last covered bridge in Wisconsin, located north of 5 Corners