No matter how you want to ring in the new year, Wisconsin is an exceptional place to celebrate. From classy champagne toasts and dance parties to family-friendly ball drops and candlelight hikes, you can find New Year’s Eve fun for everyone in your crew. Read on to discover spirited events all around the state.
- Spend New Year’s Eve ice skating with friends at The Edgewater Hotel’s ice rink that looks out on Lake Mendota before dancing to a DJ and ordering in room service.
- Jam out to Peoples Brothers Band, a Rhythm and Soul group from Madison that knows how to put on a great show, at the Majestic.
- Fill up on Prime Rib and champagne while enjoying two live bands at the Essen Haus and the Come Back In.
- Dress up for a groovy Disco Dance Party inspired by all things ABBA at the Sylvee.
- Combine three events in one (plus dinner!) at the Madison Concourse Hotel and Governer's Club, where you can laugh at a comedy show, enjoy live music and a dance party and keep the fun going until midnight and beyond.
- Take a New Year’s Eve nature stroll in the University of Wisconsin Arboretum led by a knowledgeable naturalist from 6:30-8:00PM.
- Ring in the new year in style on the 23rd floor of the Pfister Hotel in their classy cocktail lounge.
- Break out the bellbottoms and platform heels for a throwback party at Who’s on Third, where you and your friends can dance to disco of the 1970s and 80s.
- Travel even further back in time for a swanky mid-century social at the Story Hill Firehouse with an open bar and DJ.
- Cheer on the Milwaukee Wave professional indoor soccer team at their annual New Year's Eve game with a post-game confetti drop.
- Party in the stunning Milwaukee Art Museum with live entertainment, a one-of-a-kind dance floor, a midnight champagne toast and more.
- Go undercover at the Iron Horse Hotel's Casino Royale New Year's Eve party to dance and drink with friends late into the night.
Door County Area
- Be dazzled by early evening fireworks, warm up at a bonfire and watch a giant Door County Cherry Drop in Sister Bay.
- Start the party early with local wine and live music at Parallel 44 Vineyard & Winery.
- March into the new year by joining in the Egg Harbor New Year’s Day Parade, where anyone can stroll or drive through town wearing a fun outfit, riding in a fancy old car or skipping along with your furry friend!
- Experience a quintessential Wisconsin celebration at Plymouth’s New Year’s Eve Big Cheese Drop.
- Send off 2022 with live music at The Shore Club’s historic theater on Elkhart Lake. Stay overnight or come back in the morning for Polka, brats, Bloody Marys and cozy outdoor heaters at the Tiki Bar.
Wisconsin Dells Area
- Splash into 2023 at Chula Vista Resort, where you and your friends can float down an indoor lazy river during the day before dancing all night. Refuel with a festive brunch in the morning.
- Experience the “Biggest Ball Drop in the Midwest” at the Grateful Shed that includes food, live music, two DJs and plenty of party games.
- Fill up at the ballroom buffet at the Kalahari Resort before dancing the night away (at least until the kid-friendly time of 9PM) at their New Year's Eve Glow Party.
- Spend the special day roller skating at the Family and Friends Skate Party at High Rolling Skate Center where you can munch on pizza with friends and kids and can count down to the balloon drop.
- Watch the night sky light up over Grandad Bluff Park at 6PM and midnight with festive fireworks.
- Spend the last night of the year immersed in nature on a New Year’s Eve Candlelight Hike in Eagle River, followed by hot cocoa around a bonfire with friends.
- Party for a good cause at a Masquarade New Year's Eve Gala at Barker's Island in Superior with games, music and more.
- Plan a stay at Lake Lawn Resort in Delavan with either an adults-only beach party with live music or a Glow Crazy family party package. Or, ring in the new year in a heated igloo on the patio with a champagne toast.
- The annual New Year’s Eve Bash at Devil’s Head Resort means a magical torch-lit ski parade, DJs, champagne and magnificent midnight fireworks.
Looking for more New Year’s Eve fun? Find end of the year kid-friendly events.