No matter how you want to ring in the new year, Wisconsin is an exceptional place to celebrate. From classy champagne toasts and dance parties to family-friendly ball drops and candlelight hikes, you can find New Year’s Eve fun for everyone in your crew. Read on to discover spirited events all around the state.
- Spend New Year’s Eve ice skating with friends at The Edgewater Hotel’s ice rink that looks out on Lake Mendota before dancing to a DJ and ordering in room service.
- Jam out to Peoples Brothers Band, a Rhythm and Soul group from Madison that knows how to put on a great show, at the Majestic Theater.
- Fill up on prime rib and champagne while enjoying live music at the Essen Haus.
- Dress up for a groovy Disco Dance Party at The Sylvee.
- Combine three events in one (plus dinner!) at the Madison Concourse Hotel and Governer's Club, where you can laugh at a comedy show, enjoy live music and a dance party and keep the fun going until midnight and beyond.
- Take a New Year’s Eve nature stroll in the University of Wisconsin Arboretum led by a knowledgeable naturalist from 6:30-8:00 PM.
- Ring in the new year in style on the 23rd floor of the Pfister Hotel in their classy cocktail lounge.
- Celebrate Milwaukee and the new year at Discovery World with an open bar, catered food, dancing and much more.
- Go undercover at the Iron Horse Hotel's Casino Royale New Year's Eve party to dance and drink with friends late into the night.
- Bring the kids to the Little Village Play Cafe for crafts, dancing and a not-too-late balloon drop.
Door County Area
- Be dazzled by early evening fireworks, warm up at a bonfire and watch a giant Door County Cherry Drop in Sister Bay.
- March into the new year by joining in the Egg Harbor New Year’s Day Parade, where anyone can stroll or drive through town wearing a fun outfit, riding in a fancy old car or skipping along with your furry friend!
- Experience a quintessential Wisconsin celebration at Plymouth’s New Year’s Eve Big Cheese Drop.
- Send off 2023 with live music at The Shore Club’s historic theater on Elkhart Lake. Stay overnight or come back in the morning for Polka, brats, bloody marys and cozy outdoor heaters at the Tiki Bar.
- Plan a stay at Lake Lawn Resort in Delavan with either an adults-only party with live music or a family party package. Or, ring in the new year in a heated igloo on the patio with a champagne toast.
- Splash into the new year at Chula Vista Resort, where you and your friends can float down an indoor lazy river during the day before dancing all night. Refuel with a festive brunch in the morning.
- Fill up at the ballroom buffet at Kalahari Resort before dancing the night away (at least until the kid-friendly time of 9 PM) at their New Year's Eve Glow Party.
- Celebrate the new year at Blue Harbor Resort’s 20th anniversary in Sheboygan with festive party favors, appetizers, a DJ and more!
Looking for more New Year’s Eve fun? Find end of the year kid-friendly events.