Thompsons West End Park
The newer of the two campgrounds operated by the City, Thompson's West End Park is located at the foot of Eighth Avenue West. Camping opportunities at the park are provided by 45 RV and tent sites off paved access roads. Named after a turn-of-the-century lumber concern that occupied a large portion of the site, Thompson's West End Park offers a variety of recreational opportunities for residents and visitors alike. The park offers 27 acres of gradually slopping shoreline to the waters edge. The park offers campers mostly sunny sites as an alternative to the heavily shaded Memorial Park Campground. Campsites at West End Park are more suitable to large recreational vehicles and motor homes and is more suitable for campers with large vehicles.
Choose Your List(s)
- Showers and Flush Toilets
- Boat Launch
- Dumping Station
- Number of Campsites
- Camping Hook-ups
- Natural Attractions Type
- Parks, Forests, Trails
Travel Green Wisconsin Certified
Certified: (Req. 30 Points)
- The City of Washburn Campgrounds is developing plans protect wetlands and improve beaches.
- Support local community events, such as Book Across the Bay, Superior Vista Bike Tour, Inland Sea Society Kayak Symposium, and Brownstone Festival/Board Across the Bay.
- Purchase products in bulk; compost landscape materials.
- Use day lighting sensors to control light fixtures.
- Showers are timed to reduce water consumption.