Information may be out of date due to COVID-19. Please call the phone number listed below to confirm details.
Brunet Island State Park
Park passes are required but are not being sold on-site. Please contact the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources Customer Service Center to purchase passes: 888-305-0398, 8am-3pm daily or with questions: 1-888-936-7463, 7 a.m. - 10 p.m. daily.
Show off your selfie skills! Find a selfie stand located at the end of the black topped portion of the Jean Brunet Nature Trail and stop for a fun photo. Share yours with us on Instagram using #ScenicWisconsin.
A picturesque 1,030 acre park where the Fisher River joins the Chippewa River just north of Cornell. The main park development lies on an island in the Chippewa River. Facilities include 69 campsites, picnic area, electricity, shelters, flush toilets, playgrounds, athletic field, swimming beach and hiking trails. Cross-country ski trails are available for winter sports. Connects to the Old Abe State Trail and the Ice Age National Scenic Trail.
Pets are welcome in Wisconsin State Parks but must be on a leash and under control at all times. Certain areas may be off limits to pets. Visit our website for more details.
Choose Your List(s)
- On Water
- Disabled Access
- Pets Welcome/Inquire
- Campground Type
- Cross-Country Skiing/Snowshoeing Trail Type
- Publicly Owned
- Trail Length (miles)
- Natural Attractions Type
- Showers and Flush Toilets
- Number of Campsites
- Camping Hook-ups
Travel Green Wisconsin Certified
Certified: (Req. 30 Points)
- A shoreline area has been restored with native vegetation to prevent erosion and runoff
- Interpretive signs describe the Shoreline Restoration Demonstration Project, its benefits, and how people can protect shorelines on their own properties
- Public showers use "on demand" water heaters, eliminating energy wasted by storing heated water
- Introduction and transportation of invasive species is controlled through actions & education
- Existing light bulbs are being replaced with efficient compact fluorescents