Information may be out of date due to COVID-19. Please call the phone number listed below to confirm details.
Nelson Dewey State Park
Park passes are required but are not being sold on-site. Please contact the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources Customer Service Center to purchase passes: 888-305-0398, 8am-3pm daily or with questions: 1-888-936-7463, 7 a.m. - 10 p.m. daily.
Show off your selfie skills! Find a selfie stand located in the picnic area and stop for a fun photo. Share yours with us on Instagram using #ScenicWisconsin.
The home and estate of Wisconsin's first governor, Nelson Dewey. Scenic overlook, Indian mounds, picnicking, camping, hiking. Pets are welcome in Wisconsin State Parks but must be on a leash and under control at all times. Certain areas may be off limits to pets. Visit our website for more details.
Choose Your List(s)
- On Water
- Disabled Access
- Pets Welcome/Inquire
- Natural Attractions Type
- Parks, Forests, Trails
- Trail Length (miles)
- Campground Type
- Publicly Owned
- Number of Campsites
- Dumping Station
- Camping Hook-ups
- Showers and Flush Toilets
Travel Green Wisconsin Certified
Certified: (Req. 30 Points)
- Park prevents the introduction and transportation of invasive species through actions & education
- Degraded lands are being rehabilitated through prairie restoration and hillside vegetative management
- Energy Star rated appliances & equipment are used
- All paper products and promotional pieces are printed on recycled paper