Information may be out of date due to COVID-19. Please call the phone number listed below to confirm details.
Madeline Island Ferry Line
Let the magic of Lake Superior and the Apostle Islands weave its spell! The Madeline Island Ferry service between Bayfield and La Pointe operates four boats which carry passengers, vehicles, bikes & motorcoaches. Enjoy beautiful scenery, sparkling clear blue waters and friendly people during the 20-25 minute trip to Madeline Island. Free Island walking tours are offered during the summer months. Dogs ride free! As long as the pet is on a leash or properly kenneled, they are welcome. Pets must be attended at all times.
Choose Your List(s)
- Disabled Access
- Boating Services Available
- Pets Welcome/Inquire
- On Water
- Tour Type
Travel Green Wisconsin Certified
Certified: (Req. 30 Points)
- Puridyne oil filters, which greatly extends the useful life of engine oil, are installed on 3 largest boats
- Biodegradable, vegetable-based hydraulic fluid is used in all boats
- Captains turn off boat if idle time is greater than 10 minutes, take the most direct routes, and keep the engine below 1400 RPMs when possible
- In process of installing a solar panel for the Herring Shed’s solar hot water system