Highbridge Hills Sports Complex
Traverses a nicely groomed hillside with spectacular views of the Chequamegon National Forest. Starts at top of hill with over 100-ft. elevation drop. Half the holes are wooded and natural ponds come into play in a few spots. The Complex boasts ten professional level 18 hole disc golf courses including Highbridge Gold, Blueberry Hill, Granite Ridge, Woodland Greens, and The Bear. Rough camping, Honka House available for 2-20 people, hiking, mountain biking, cross-country skiing and much more.
Choose Your List(s)
- Pets Welcome/Inquire
- Campground Type
- Adventure Sports Activities
- Disc Golf
- Nature Trails
Eat. Drink. Washburn 5/15/2017 - 6/09/2017 Washburn - 22.31 miles away
Eat. Drink. Washburn 5/15/2017 - 6/09/2017 Washburn - 22.59 miles away
Memorial Weekend ATV/UTV Rally 5/25/2017 - 5/28/2017 Hurley - 27.46 miles away
La Pointe Center for the Arts Annual Wine Tasting 5/27/2017 La Pointe - 28.34 miles away
Bayfield In Bloom 5/12/2017 - 6/11/2017 Bayfield - 30.97 miles away
Hauser's Red Barn Plant Sale 5/01/2017 - 5/29/2017 Bayfield - 32.12 miles away
Music in the Park 5/28/2017 - 9/10/2017 Manitowish Waters - 44.22 miles away
Manitowish Waters Boat & Car Show 5/27/2017 Manitowish Waters - 45.56 miles away
Travel Green Wisconsin Certified
Certified: (Req. 30 Points)
To be certified through Travel Green Wisconsin, all participants must achieve at least 30 points on the Travel Green Wisconsin Checklist. The more points a business attains, the greener they are in their operations.
- Property is certified organic through FVO; they prevent the introduction and transportation of invasive species by taking preventive actions and by educating their customers about invasive species. They landscape with native plants, which minimizes the need for excess watering and fertilization. Watering, when necessary, takes place in the early morning or at night to minimize evaporation.
- Construction materials from picnic tables to cabins to benches use materials that have either been torn down or left for scrap and would otherwise go to the landfill. Local contractors are used as well.
- Leave No Trace principles are promoted to customers and employees. Publications are provided offering information on native plants and wildlife, and interpretative signs are used to educate customers.
- Staff is encouraged to uphold sustainable practices by including an evaluation of these practices in performance appraisals. Interpretation and/or educational opportunities are provided for visitors and a mechanism is in place for feedback from customers about the business' sustainability and environmental improvement efforts.