Longest Rolling Food Bank Fundraiser
It’s that time of year! As snow starts falling throughout the state, everyone’s favorite holiday train will light up the tracks once again.
The 19th annual Canadian Pacific Holiday Train, also known as “North America’s longest rolling food bank”, will be visiting 13 Wisconsin communities this December 2017. The train will make a grand entrance at each station by transforming what might appear to be an ordinary cargo car into a stage overflowing with holiday spirit. This year, guests will be treated to dazzling holiday light shows and live music by Terri Clark, Kelly Prescott and Dallas Smith.
While this magical event provides free entertainment at each stop, guests are encouraged to bring a donation of healthy, nutritious food items that will benefit the local food pantries within each community.
Since 1999, the Canadian Pacific Holiday Train has raised nearly $13 million and over 4 million pounds of nonperishable food donations benefitting food banks across North America. This holiday tradition is a great way to bring the community together to help a neighbor in need. Every donation counts, so bring the whole neighborhood to spread the holiday cheer!
The CP Holiday Train does run a tight schedule, but keep in mind that the listed stop times are approximate. You’ll want to arrive early to beat the crowd and to make sure you don’t miss a beat. We suggest following the train’s journey on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to be aware of any updates or changes to the schedule.
CP Holiday Train Schedule: Stops in Wisconsin
Saturday, December 2, 2017
- Sturtevant - 5:25 PM
- Address: 9900 East Exploration Ct., Amtrak Depot
- Milwaukee - 6:50 PM
- Address: 433 West St. Paul Avenue, Amtrak Depot
Sunday, December 3, 2017
- Wauwatosa - 4:15 PM
- Harwood Ave. Crossing
- Hartland - 5:45 PM
- Address: Parking lot adjacent to Cottonwood Avenue and Pawling Avenue
- Oconomowoc - 6:55 PM
- South Main Street Railway Crossing
- Watertown - 7:45 PM
- Brandt Quirt Park
- Columbus - 9:05 PM
- Address: 359 North Ludington Street, Amtrack Depot
Monday, December 4, 2017
- Portage - 1:15 PM
- Address: 400 West Oneida Street, Amtrak Station
- Wisconsin Dells - 2:45 PM
- Address: 100 La Crosse Street, Amtrak Depot
- Mauston - 4:15 PM
- Address: Division Street railway crossing
- Tomah - 5:30 PM
- Address: 205 North Superior Avenue, Amtrak Depot
- Sparta - 6:40 PM
- Address: Corner of South Water Street and Milwaukee Street
- LaCrosse - 8:45 PM
- Address: 601 Saint Andrew Street
For more information and updates on the CP Holiday Train, head to their official website. Will you be visiting one of this year’s stops? Tell us all about your experience in the comments below! Looking to see more trains this season? Read more about bout Wisconsin’s Snow Trains.