Discover these Door County rentals this summer and experience a slice of vacation paradise! With more than 300 miles of stunning shoreline and abundant cultural, culinary and recreational activities, your days will be packed with fun and exploration. When the sun sets, consider a cozy cabin or cottage for your night’s rest. Whether it’s near the soothing waterfront or in a fragrant pine forest, it’s the perfect place to recoup and recharge for your next day of play.
Check out these spots up and down the Peninsula and stay in the know about more of Wisconsin's best cabins and cottages by subscribing to our newsletter.
Enjoy comfy country cottages with all the amenities, plus a sandy beach and access to paddle boats and canoes. For more privacy, stay in one of the resort’s two cottages on Idyll Wood Island, offering panoramic views of Green Bay and Sturgeon Bay and three acres of forest and hiking paths.
- Potawatomi State Park – Climb the 75-foot observation tower for a breathtaking view. Hike the trails and look for wildlife as you climb 120 feet above the waters of Sturgeon Bay.
- Sunset Grill – Catch the Friday fish fry or other mouthwatering daily specials at this popular waterfront restaurant.
Six modern cottages with fully equipped kitchens and private whirlpool tubs are tucked away in the beautiful Door County countryside. Pets are welcome.
- Jorn’s Sugar Bush – Visit this historic maple syrup factory and buy some to take home.
- Egg Harbor Fun Park – Fast-paced fun for families including go carts, paintballing, zip lining, mini-golf and batting cages.
Loc Haven Cabins - Bailey’s Harbor
Choose from two historic log cabins made from vintage hand-hewn logs and updated with creature comforts like WiFi access, satellite TV, and AC. Outdoor seating and a deck provides breezes from Lake Michigan and stairs to the shoreline. Well-behaved pets welcomed.
- Bailey’s Harbor Range Lights and Cana Island Lighthouse – A must-see for lighthouse enthusiasts.
- The Ridges Sanctuary – Five miles of rustic hiking trails and bridges known for its array of wildflowers and numerous bird watching spots. Guided nature hikes and custom tours are available.
Four quaint and cute cottages perched on the edge of the sparkling Green Bay with views of Peninsula State Park. Unwind and watch the boats sail by from your screened-in porch or the inviting chaise lounges outside.
- Fish Creek Scenic Boat Tours – Choose from a variety of daily narrated boat tours to places like Eagle Bluff Lighthouse, Eagle Cave, and Millionaire’s Row. The sunset cruise comes with live music and promises picturesque sunsets second to none.
- The famous and delectable fish boils at Pelletier’s Restaurant and Fish Boil or White Gull Inn. Discover what all the fuss is about!
Park’s Edge Cottages - Ephraim
Nestled on the shores of Eagle Harbor, this historic resort offers one tastefully upgraded cottage and a year-round home, including lake access and a shallow swimming beach. Relax in a bucolic park-like setting with its mix of wooded privacy and well-tended grounds.
- The Peninsula State Park Golf Course – Play 18 holes on a beautiful, well-maintained course that’s set in a forest of white cedar, oak, beech and maple trees.
- Northern Sky Theater – Heart-warming musical comedies for all ages performed under the stars.
Flath’s Cottages - Washington Island
Experience island living in one of the resort’s three modern housekeeping cottages. With 300 feet of shoreline on the Green Bay waters of Lake Michigan, you can swim, kayak, canoe or wind-surf. Or just relax and relish the sound of the waves breaking on the shore.
- Rock Island State Park and Pottawatomie Lighthouse – Take the ferry from Washington Island for a memorable visit to this primitive and wooded Lake Michigan Island. See Door County’s oldest light station, first lit in 1836. Tour the stone buildings that were once part of a long-ago summer estate.
- Nelsen’s Hall Bitters’ Pub & Restaurant – Established in 1899 and the oldest legally operating bar in the state, this iconic eatery and bar offers home-style cooking and one of the largest selections of bitters liquor in the world. Down a shot and join the bar’s renowned “Bitters Club.” You’ll even get a membership card.